Classified Ads for Subscribers
Did you know that Classified ads for “For Sale” and “Wanted” items are free to Vintage Fire Truck & Equipment subscribers? Not a subscriber? Click here.
Subscribers get 1 free ad per issue up to 30 words. A word, in this case, is any combination of letters or numbers separated by a space.
A word, in this case, is any combination of letters or numbers separated by a space. Items must be for pre-1980 fire trucks and equipment or toys, parts, and literature related to them. In the 19-word ad above, “5-speed” counts as 1 word, even though it is hyphenated, and the state indicator of “NC” is not counted. We’ve placed one red dot after each word for purposes of illustration.
What if I need to use more than 30 words?
The subscriber will pay $.50 for each word over the initial 30. Items must be for pre-1980 fire trucks or toys, parts, and literature related to them.
What if I want to include a photograph?
To include a color photo with a Classified ad, add $30 for a photo, which will run at a maximum of 1.5 inches high.
What if I want my Classified ad to really stand out?
There is a Deluxe Classified option that allows bold lettering and yellow highlighting for $.70 a word, but it cannot be combined with a free subscriber ad. Visit this page for non-subscribers for more information on the Deluxe option.
Free Classified ads may be submitted by:
- U.S. mail (with check, money order, or credit card payment)
- email (with contact number to call for credit card payment)
- fax (with credit card payment)
- No Classified ads will be taken by phone.
Send ads and payment to:
Vintage Fire Truck & Equipment Classified Ad Dept.
PO Box 838
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
We reserve the right to alter ads for style.
Requirements for Submitting Classified Ads
- Place “For Sale” and “Wanted” ads on separate sheets of paper.
- Please separate ad submissions from other correspondence.
- To qualify for the free ad, subscribers must include a copy of the current mailing label or name, VFTE number (seen below in yellow), and expiration info from the label. If this label or information is not received and there is no form of payment, the ad will not run.